Adsense

Friday, August 19, 2016

Review: Harry Potter and The Cursed Child

I had my hands on this book during the first week after it was released, and I finished reading it within three hours. To be honest I love it ! This book isn't mine, it's Hanis's by the way. 

WARNINGGGGGGG
SPOILER ALERT ! 
Do not continue reading this post if you intend to read it on your own later.


You cannot expect too much from this book since it's literally a compilation of scripts for the play. Hence, the characters were not developing nicely. The centered around Albus and Scorpius most of the time. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to know more about the other characters. Neville Longbottom's son only came out in few scenes and does not have a significant role in the play. I was expecting more. When they tell us the story about Albus' first year in Hogwarts and his incompetency as Harry Potter's son, the plot seemed disconnected to me since the writer jumps from scene-to-scene fairly quickly. My Harry Potter fantasy ride was a little bit bumpy in the first few chapters. 

But it gets better after that. The plots become interestingly good and I can imagine that this book to be a great movie if they were to produce one. It's lovely to see the friendship between Harry, Ron, Hermoine and Draco are going strong. Yes, Draco Malfoy. He's no longer a bad guy now. I don't want to spoil it all. But trust me I had fun reading it, I'm sure you guys will too. My favorite scene was of course when Albus and Scorpius met with Professor Snape. Even for a while, we get to have a moment with Snape when he's still alive. Very beautiful scene, you guys have to read it by yourself so you can understand my excitement.

Sadly, JK Rowling said that Harry Potter was done and she didn't intend to continue his story. As a fan, I'm sad but I have to respect her decision. Yeah, I get it. Until when I have to be spellbound in this magical world. It's time to move on and go back to the reality.

Dear Harry and friends, it's been a long and exciting journey with you guys. Thank you for being a part of my childhood. So long, mate !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...